Request for assistance
If you are a resident of Kern County, California, and believe you may have been the victim of illegal housing discrimination, the GBLA Fair Housing Law Project can investigate your claim.
An FHLP investigation may include:
- Meeting with you, in person or by telephone, to discuss what happened and counsel you about your fair housing rights and options.
- Gathering evidence that may support your claim through legal and property research, document review, witness interviews, resident surveys, site visits, or fair housing testing.
- Advising you of the outcome of our investigation and your options.
If our investigation uncovers evidence of illegal housing discrimination, FHLP may be able to offer fair housing enforcement assistance.
Enforcement assistance may include:
- Helping you file a housing discrimination complaint with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) or California Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH).
- Providing you with legal representation as your pursue a HUD or DFEH complaint.
- Representing you in a federal or state housing discrimination lawsuit.